Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween 2008


Halloween is one of our family's favorite holidays. It is a fun time for spooky stories, creepy decorations, and crawly costumes. Gone are the the days where I can dress up the kids as whatever I wanted. Rich had to be a ninja. "Ninjas are sooo cool", Aly wanted to be Ariel and Max had no choice but to be a lion and a turtle.



We went to a trunk or treating at our church on the 25th of Oct. Everyone decorates their trunk and the kids go around in the parking lot. There were about 200 people there with a lot of Halloween energy. We have done this for the past 3 years and the kids love it. Kirk's mom, sister Kelleigh, and Annie came to celebrate with us.




Richards school only allows the kindergarten students to dress up. Then they do a parade to all of the other classroom to rub it in that they got to wear their costumes.
It was a fun day for Richard. They visited a pumpkin patch and had a special Halloween brunch. Here is Richard, Jacob, and Kenton.



Richard's Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Wallace invites all of his class to come to her house to trick or treat. The kids are amazed she doesn't live at the school. She is really sweet. We went with the Fossler family. Rich made his best ninja face and it shows!



We came home and went trick or treating around our neighborhood. It was a long day full of adventures.



****NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART*****

I went to change Max's diaper. Note: we have been having problems with his lactose intolerance and so whatever comes out isn't normal. However, i bend down closer to examine it and there is a hard green lego mixed in. I yell out to Richard "RICCCHHHARD get in here NOW" He comes running--2 min later after i have yelled after him again. I tell him this is why we don't leave our legos on the floor and what happens if Max would have choked on it. I start folding up the diaper. Richard begins to wail and cry and throws himself on the floor. "NOOOOO it is my lego, I will miss my lego. I NEEEEED MY lego" I am like..."ok you want it?" I open up the diaper again. "GO for it" I take out a wipee and dig it out and hand it to him. He goes into the bathroom and pours soap all over it. This is where dad enters the picture, wondering what is going on and why is there so much crying. In between sniffles, gagging, and crying Richard explains what happened. Kirk says, "Well that is too bad, the lego is going in the trash." "NOOOOOO! Come on Dad, I won't do it again, please! I need that for my star wars ship" On and on and on...from the floor, kicking and crying. I tell Kirk that I didn't have a problem with him having it if he wants to wash it. The lego is round and small, and feces is compacted even inside the lego. Rich is having a hard time getting the "it" out. Kirk has the idea of letting it soak. For the past couple of days, I have had the pleasure of seeing this poopy lego on the ledge of my kitchen window. Finally, yesterday, I threw it out and Richard hasn't asked about it since.

1 comment:

Linda and Michelle said...

Hi Lorie! I laughed out loud about the lego story!!!

Great Blog.